Sunday, April 17, 2005

Grocery shopping drive you crazy with the kids...

I know when I take my kids to the grocery store, I want to tear my hair out before we leave there. Here is some fun things to do top take the stress away....

Hunt a letter
As you move down the isles, have your pre-readers find a cereal box with a big O on the front of the box. Ask him/her to find a jar of pickles with an L on the label. As your child aquires reading skills, you can start to look for words , such as new, hot, or fresh....
Catch a color
Ask your child to find yellow banannas, the green can of soup, the blue box of soap. Once you have went through all the colors, then go to sizes: What is the smallest bag of rice, biggest pack of lunch meat, skinniest box of spagetti? You can also explore shapes, textures( softness, bumpiness), and amount ( many boxes, a few cucumbers)
Have fun with this we do!

No comments: