Wednesday, July 25, 2007

The memorial service...

Mom asked all to do something for the service such as sing one of dads favorite songs or something.
Since I am by no means a singer I wrote this straight from my heart and read it at the service:


Dear Dad,
I want you to know how much your love and support has meant to me.
I know that I am who I am today because of the love you have given me and the confidence that you have always instilled.
I knew you were there for me no matter what but I also knew that you believed in me, for that I will be forever grateful.
I realize that not everyone has a father like you and I want you to know that I don't take that for granted.
I will take the guidance that you have shared with me and make it a part of my life always.
I could not have had a better teacher.
Thank you Dad for Everything.
I Love You.
Your baby girl, April

No comments: